This past week I came face-to-face once again with the power of the Angel Quilt ministry. It happened in Dallas as I had the blessing of delivering a quilt to FPC member, James Norton. James has had his fifth of seven chemotherapy treatments. As he turned the quilt over in hands, he said, “I can’t believe they made me one of these!” He was visibly moved by the gift of the quilt.
James is just one of literally hundreds of people who have received Angel Quilts from the Angel Quilters ministry which began at First Presbyterian Church, and now includes First Baptist Moores Lane, Trinity Baptist, Williams Memorial United Methodist. and First United Methodist, AR.
On September 21st, quilters gathered at FPC from each of these churches to celebrate their sisterhood in Christ and affirm their passion for Cancer patients going through treatment. The highlight of the luncheon was Beverly Coleman, Registered Nurse Oncology Specialist, who told the group about what an impact Angel Quilts make. She has the privilege of presenting patients in Dr. Eichler’s Oncology Office with quilts in the colors they request.
The message of Jesus Christ and his love, healing, comfort, and hope go with each quilt as recipients are reminded that many prayers from dedicated Angel Quilters go into each quilt.
Come Hear Beverly Coleman on December 15
You can hear Beverly Coleman’s inspiring message first hand at Family Night Supper, 6 pm, December 15, at FPC Texarkana, 516 Pecan St.
How to obtain a Quilt
1. If you have a person in the Texarkana area who has been diagnosed with cancer and is receiving treatments or will begin treatments soon, call Beth Morgan at 903-791-0349 or Martha Nell Richards at 903-838–7106.
2. We will contact you when a quilt is ready.
3. We will pray over the quilt for comfort and peace for the patient during this difficult time.
Want to help?
No skill is required! If you can iron or sew or use scissors, like to do handwork and want to learn about quilting and make new friends and help others, contact Angel Quilts.
All quilts are made from donated materials and through money donations. One hundred percent of all donations go toward quilts and quilting supplies.
Donations of 100% cotton material, supplies and monies may be sent to any of the participating churches. Please designate it for “Angel Quilts.”
Those churches are:
- First Presbyterian Church, Thursdays, 9-noon, Contact Martha Nell Richards 903-838-7106
- Williams United Methodist, Tuesday, 6:30 – 9 pm. Contact Ruth Voss 903-409-7293
- First Baptist Moores Lane, Thursdays, 9 – Noon, Contact Anita Owens 903-831-6405
- Trinity Baptist, Third Thursday, 9 am – 2 pm, Contact Linda Bramwell, 870-774-5933
Blessings on this ministry and all of the quilt recipients,
Rev. Dr. Susan Arnold